Saturday, October 3, 2009

Our Story... Part 5 (From Jenn's Point of View)

So the planning began. I was so thankful during those nine months that I had a wonderful, supportive fiance who was willing to help me with all of the wedding plans and details. I was also thankful for supportive and helpful family and friends. Planning a wedding was a lot of work, but also a lot of fun. By January, we had already signed a photography contract, signed a reception contract, spoke with our pastor, and had a lot of little details planned. Things were going very smoothly and I was very happy with our progress.

One fun part about being engaged, besides planning the wedding and knowing I was going to marry my best friend soon, was getting our engagement pictures done. A friend of ours, Eddie, was willing to take our engagement pictures for us. So, one cold February day we headed out to Long's Park in Lancaster to get our pictures done. That was a lot of fun for me, even though both Josh and Eddie complained that it was too cold the whole time.

The months flew by as I prepared for the wedding. Bridesmaids got their dresses, I got my dress, tuxes got picked out, limo contracts got signed, flowers got ordered, and lots of other little details got completed. I will admit that while planning this wedding at times my head began to spin. But, I quickly remembered not to stress over things,as this was supposed to be a fun time and not a stressful time. Wedding planning didn't always go smoothly. There were several bumps along the way - like being scammed by a flower company, finding out my sister was going to be eight months pregnant at our wedding after we had already bought her bridesmaids dress, realizing that my dress didn't quite fit right, and a few others. But those bumps were straightened out and things came together in the end.

I was blessed with two bridal showers during that time - one down near Lancaster and one in my hometown. Bridal showers were so exciting. As I got gifts for our new house, the whole marriage thing became more of a reality. I couldn't wait to decorate our new place and to start my life with Josh. As time went by during our engagement, marriage became more of a reality and I became more and more excited about it beginning...

No comments:

Post a Comment