Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Few, The Proud...

... the Marines. Today is their 234th birthday and on this day I just want to say happy birthday to all Marines (I would say past and present, but once a Marine always a Marine). A huge thank you to each and every one of you for all of the sacrifices that you make for our freedom and for your willingness to stand up and fight for our country.

I'm so privileged to be married to a Marine - the finest man that I know. I'm so thankful for his willingness to serve our country and do everything that he's called to do in order to ensure that we live in a free nation. I'm also privileged to have a father who served in the Corps and in Vietnam. Thanks to both of these amazing men in my life for showing me what it means to truly be proud to be an American.

But on this 234th birthday, if you know a Marine or see one on the streets, take a minute to thank them for all that they do and to wish them a happy birthday. It's because of them that we live in the free nation that we do today.

- Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment