Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Comfort Zones

Every individual has their own comfort zone. For some, theirs is large. For others, theirs is small. Personally, I have a smaller comfort zone. I like talking to people I know, going places that I'm familiar with, doing things that I'm used to, etc. I don't like venturing outside of my comfortable area very often.

I've seen recently that this can be a bad thing for me. I stick with the same people and build relationships - which is a good thing. However, I don't welcome new people in very easily. I do things that I'm used to, which is also a good thing. However, I don't branch out and try new things very much.

I've decided that it's time to get out of my comfort zone a little bit. I'm going to try to talk to at least one new person every week - whether it's a neighbor, the cashier at the grocery store, someone at church, or someone I meet along the way. This is one way that I can minister to others. I'm also going to try to find "uncomfortable situations" to put myself into. That might involve something as simple as going to a store that I'm not used to or doing an activity that I normally wouldn't do.

It may seem weird, but I've decided that I want to stretch myself a little and get out of my comfortable little bubble more often. I think this will help me grow personally and it may very well open up new opportunities that I never would have known of otherwise.

- Jenn

1 comment: