Monday, March 22, 2010

Randomness

I haven't posted in a few days so I figured I'd post something today. However my mind is scattered about so this post will be a lot of randomness. Oh well, it'll be fun...

______________________________________________

This month has definitely flown by. Has it went so quickly for anyone else? It seems like it was just the beginning and now we only have a week and a half left in it. Of course the last week of it is the best part of the month to me anyways, not sure why that would be. It's not like there's a special day in there somewhere or anything.

______________________________________________

Josh and I went to a new church yesterday. It kind of happened "by chance", as I woke up late and we didn't have time to make it to our normal church service. So we headed up the road to a different one. The church was having their missions' conference and I was definitely blessed by and encouraged by it. The speaker challenged us to "take the next step" even when the next step is the hardest to take. It left me thinking about what the next step is for me.

I really liked the church that we went to though. It's relatively small, less than 100 people and definitely traditional. However, the people were super friendly and the service was definitely a blessing. It was nice to have the "close knit" feeling in church. It kind of reminded me of the church I grew up in. That's probably why I felt so at home. We just might have to make another visit, or two, or twenty to it.

______________________________________________

There's a lot of different needs that I have been praying for recently. If you would like, you can pray for them as well. First, as I had posted before, I've been praying for the situation in Morocco. I'm praying for the deported workers and the children left behind, as well as for the rest of the Christian workers in the country. It's definitely weighing heavy on my heart and I think and pray for them often.

Second, I've been praying for Josh's grandpa. He's been really sick with one thing after the other since the beginning of February. It's been a rough road for him, but he's still fighting and holding on to God's promises. He's 82 years old and such a great testimony of God to everyone around him. We're just praying for his health and strength though and for the doctors to have wisdom in how to treat him.

Third, I'm praying for my cousin. She's also been in the hospital for over a month. She's had a lot of complications and the doctors are doing everything they can to treat her. So we're just praying for her and for the doctors continued wisdom in treating her and for her family.

Those are the three requests that have been on my mind the most. I've also been praying for our country (with this crazy healthcare bill) and our leaders to have wisdom, our pastors and spiritual leaders (to continue to stay strong in the Lord and be able to lead us as Christians), and for our churches (to continue to have the boldness to stand up for what is true), as well as many other requests. If you have anything I can pray for, just leave it in the comments section and I'll be sure to pray about it!

______________________________________________

We've still been trying to exercise and lose some weight. It's definitely been a rough road though as far as sticking to it. I have lost 6.5 pounds since I started, though that doesn't seem like much to me and I feel like I can hardly notice. I'm trying my best to cook healthy meals though and stick to eating right. Anyone have any tips on how to stick to it? Any good recipes or exercise plans?

______________________________________________

Well I guess that's enough randomness for today. I've got lots to do around the house and am not feeling quite up to par. However the housework is calling me. I'll post more later.

- Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment