Monday, May 24, 2010

Our Happenings

Well, as usual, I've been a slacker and haven't written in awhile. I guess the last time I wrote was two weeks ago. Yikes, time sure does fly!

My mom's knee surgery went really well. The doctor said that everything went perfectly and that things looked great. She was in the hospital for 3 days. The day after surgery they had her walking a little bit and progressed a little at a time from there. After the three days she went to in-house rehab at a local rehabilitation center. She was in there for a week and had rehab every day there. She came home from rehab last Thursday and is doing great. She's getting around wonderfully with her walker and has been out and about every day. The doctor is very pleased with her progress and she is pleased with how things are going. We're just praying her recovery continues to go smoothly and any pain that she has left goes away soon. But it's definitely a huge praise that she's doing so well!

__________________________________________

I had a job interview today. It's for a tutoring position at Sylvan Learning Center. I'm not sure how the interview went... it was hard to judge. But it'd be for a part time tutoring position. So we're praying for God's direction and for His will to be known regarding the position. I should know by the end of next week whether or not they want to hire me. So for now we're just waiting and praying.

__________________________________________

It's hard to believe that it's already almost June! The month of June is going to be crazy busy for us. Josh has his annual training with the Marines from June 5th until the 19th. During that time I'll probably go to my parents for a week or so. I plan on helping my friend Christina with anything she needs to get done for her wedding on the 26th. Then we have her wedding on the 26th, which I'm in. Of course during the month we also have Josh's birthday (the 10th), his dad's birthday (the 11th), my niece's birthday (the 18th), and father's day. So the month is pretty jam packed. I'm sure it will fly by too.

__________________________________________

I know that I still haven't posted about my the roadtrip that Emily and I took last month. I plan on posting about it sometime, but just haven't gotten around to it yet. I promise I will do it sometime, even if it takes another year...

__________________________________________

Anyways, there's not a whole lot else to write. I'll try to post again sooner. Otherwise you can leave me comments and harass me for a post. Let me know that there are still people reading this. It makes me feel better about spending time blogging. But, I'm off to make dinner and enjoy the evening with my husband...

- Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment