Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The End Is Near

The end is near... You may be wondering what end it is that I am speaking of...

The end that I am speaking of is the end of my undergraduate college career. No, the end for me isn't as near as it is for some people - the people who will be graduating in less than a month. But for me, it's only a months worth of classes and then student teaching and then the END will be here.

I do have to say, my college career has flown by. It seems like just yesterday that Emily (who was my roommate for four years) and myself were two quiet little freshmen just beginning college. But now, five years later, we're two seniors who are ready to venture out into the real world pretty soon (and by the way, our program is a five year program - we're not slackers or anything). Of course Emily will be graduating next month, but I won't be graduating until December. I had to take a few classes that I didn't CLEP out of this semester so I got behind the rest of my fellow Teacher Ed majors.

Anyways, what made me think of the end of college? Well today I registered for student teaching and received my student teaching placements. I do have to say that I'm rather excited about my placements. We do two separate placements at our college, the first in a Christian school and the second in a public school. My first placement is in either 5th or 6th grade (it hasn't been completely confirmed yet) and my second placement is in 1st grade. Those are some of my favorite age groups and I am super excited to have the opportunity to teach them and to see what God has in store for me in my student teaching experience!

Yeah, so it's bittersweet to see the end drawing near. It'll be weird not to be in college anymore and not to see my friends all the time. But it'll be cool to be able to be out in the "real world" and also to be able to start a family sometime soon (that may be something that excites me even more than the being out in the real world part)! But anyways, I just figured I'd share my thoughts - reflecting on the end of college, the end that is approaching rather quickly for me and for many others.

-Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment