Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Just What I Needed, Just At The Right Time

I was just reading Mckmama's post about prayer (which I encourage you to read, she has some really good insight on her thoughts on prayer), "Why Bother Praying", and a part of it stood out to me and it was something I really needed to hear. She said...

"God answers prayers. Just not always in the way or in the time frame we want. God answers prayers, but the outcome we hope for, and beseech God for, is not always the outcome God has in mind.

God hears our prayers. But God still does what He, in His sovereignty, is going to do. He listens to our prayers, hears us each and every time we speak to Him, think to Him, or even groan to Him. God is affected by our prayers and He wants us to pray.

But God is still God and our prayers do not change God or His mind, at least not in the way we sometimes think. He knew we were going to pray before we ever prayed. He knows the past, present and future all at once. He listens to our prayers, but our prayers don't change things. God changes things."

That first paragraph... just not in the way or the time that we want.

And the second... but God still does what He, in His sovreignty, is going to do.

The third... He knows the past, present and future all at once.

That's what stood out to me. Just not in the way or the time that he wants, but He still does what He, in his sovreignty, is going to do. I needed to hear that today. I needed to be reminded that it's His time - not mine. And it's His plan - not my own.

Thank you God for using her to remind me. It's in Your hands now....

-Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment