Monday, February 1, 2010

Back Again

I'm back again after over a week of not posting. Time just flies by sometimes and I can't figure out why. Oh well, I'm back and that's the important part.

This past weekend was definitely a blessing. Josh and I went up to my parents' house and lead the teens from their church on their winter retreat. It was a great time for all! It was such a blessing to spend time with the teens and to be able to get to know them better and have fun with them. The speaker for the weekend was great. He talked about living out our faith outside the walls of the church. His messages were definitely very challenging and made me think a lot about my faith and how I need to be living it out better everywhere that I am. Outside of the services we also had a lot of fun. We got to play different games and sports, hang out at a bonfire, play hide and go seek in our cabin late and night, and just do a lot of random things. It was definitely great!

Here's a picture of the eleven of us who went on the retreat (the guy in the back middle wasn't with us - he just jumped in the picture)....




Over the weekend we also got to spend a little time with my family which was definitely nice. We got to see my sister on her birthday as well. It was just a great weekend all together!

Now I'm back home and back into the normal routine of life. I'm trying to figure out things to do to occupy my time, yet be productive at the same time. It's working somewhat. I still have some more figuring out to do. I guess I'll go now. I just wanted to update this and tell you all about my wekend and let you know I'm alive. I'll try to post better this week.

- Jenn

1 comment:

  1. Looks fun. We used to run a youth group. LOVED it. I am one of those crazy people who like teenagers.

    Thanks for reading and commenting on my blog.

    ReplyDelete