Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Our Life

Since it's been well over a month since I posted last, I figured I would update with a post about what's been going on in our life...

- It's hard to believe that today is September 1st! It seems like it was just May and we were preparing for summer. Now summer is pretty much gone. Kids are going back to school and the weather is cooling down (well a little bit). It's crazy how fast time goes by!

- Speaking of going back to school, I didn't get a full time teaching job for this year. That means I'll be substituting this year. I'll also be working on my resume and cover letter, trying to make it better as I apply for new jobs as they are posted. I actually don't mind subbing though. I kind of like the adventure and the unpredicatability of it. So it should be an interesting year.

- Josh was gone for over a month of the summer. In June he had his normal Annual Training with the Marines and was gone for 2 weeks. In August he was involved with another training exercise and was gone for 17 days. To say I missed him would be an understatement. I missed him more than I could have imagined! But, now he's home which of course makes me happy. Hopefully he won't have any more long training exercises in the near future.

- We celebrated our second anniversary in early August (right before Josh went away). It's hard to believe that it's been over two years already since I married my best friend! I do have to say that each day is better than the last and I fall more and more in love with my husband every day. It's great to be able to spend my life with my best friend. And, although there are challenges and trials, it's great to know that we have each other to go through them together. I'm looking forward to many more years with him!

- We went away for a little weekend away earlier in the summer. It was actually over the 4th of July weekend. Of course, with our luck, we both were sick with pretty nasty colds over the weekend, but that didn't stop us from enjoying our time with each other. We didn't go far from home. We actually just went to Allentown. We went to the drive-ins together and out to dinner on Saturday. On that Sunday we went to Dorney Park. Josh actually got in free because he was military, so that was nice. The park was definitely interesting, but we still had fun there. Then on Monday we just hung out and then headed home. It was a relaxing weekend and was our early anniversary getaway, since we knew we couldn't get away on our actual anniversary.

I can't think of anything else to write about from this past summer. I'm sure I'll think of more later. Hopefully you all enjoyed your summer as well and are enjoying the cooler weather!

- Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment