Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Random Thoughts...

So it's funny how quickly things can change. It can be a matter of moments, and things turn around - whether for the good or the bad. I've been noticing this a lot lately. It's reminded me of how unpredictable life is, how only God knows the plans for our lives, and how in just a split second our lives can either change dramatically or be over completely.

I know this may sound like a rather depressing/dreary post. But I don't mean it to be. I've just been reminded of it lately. For example, three weeks ago my little fourteen year old cousin was rushed to the hospital one Sunday morning. Later that day she was life flighted to a better hospital, where doctors found several problems. The doctors said things didn't look very hopeful for her. We were on our knees praying for her, praying that God would save her life. Almost three weeks later and three surgeries later, things are looking better for her. She's still in the hospital, but when you look at her situation - she defied the doctors' predictions and lived. She's still alive today and that can only be credited to God. I thank God that He healed her. But that incident just reminded me of how quickly life could change and how only the Lord knows the plans for our lives.

Another incident that made me think on these things was what I mentioned in my last post, with my friend Emily. She planned to have the week off from school, a free week between two student teaching placements, but ended up in the hospital for her CF instead. It just goes to show how quickly our plans change, and again how only God knows the plans he has for our lives.

I'm glad that God knows the plans for our lives. If he didn't, at times I would be hopeless. There's too many times where things seem so complicated and there seems to be no purpose for what is happening and no hope, but yet God turns those times around and works them for the good. It's wonderful to serve a God who cares about us and who plans each and every step of our entire lives.
________________________________________________

On a completely different topic, I'm going in today for a HIDA scan on my gallbladder. I've been experiencing gallbladder pains on and off for almost a year now. I went in for an ultrasound of my gallbladder last month and everything came back normal. Even though everything appeared normal on the ultrasound, there can still be problems with my gallbladder that can't be seen in an ultrasound. Because of this the doctor ordered this HIDA scan. From what I've read about this scan online, it doesn't sound like a very fun procedure. I'm really nervous about it and praying that it brings results. So, if you think about it, pray that things go well for me today and that we get some answers from this scan.
________________________________________________

It has been absolutely beautiful outside the past few days. Today is actually supposed to be around 70 degrees. I really and truly love this weather and am so looking forward to spring! The only thing that makes me sad is that it's supposed to be cool and rainy tomorrow. The weather around here changes so quickly and you never know what's coming. Got to love March weather around here. Oh well, spring will soon be here...
________________________________________________

In less than a week I'll be 23 years old. I remember as a kid I thought 23 was "so much older" and that by the time I was 23 I'd be done college, working, married, and have at least one kid - with another on the way. Kind of funny what you think when you're younger. The only thing I have out of that list is the married part (which I am EXTREMELY thankful for). Otherwise, I'm still in college, I'm only working part time on and off, and I have no kids and none in the foreseeable future. I guess in the eyes of a child 23 is pretty old. In my eyes now though, 23 is pretty young... I've got a whole life ahead of me still...
________________________________________________

Well, I guess that's enough random thoughts for today. God bless you! I'm off to get my scan soon, then I'll be visiting Emily in the hospital, and then enjoying the spring weather with my lovely husband! Have a great day and enjoy the sunshine (if you have it where you are)!

-Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment