Monday, January 4, 2010

It's Been Awhile...

It definitely has been awhile since I actually wrote out a blog post that had some meaning to it. Of course the past several months have been quite hectic with student teaching, holidays, graduation, and more. But now I am going to try to get back into a normal blogging routine. I like to blog - but I just haven't really had the time to do it.

Let's see what's been going on lately....

First of all, I finished my student teaching and graduated from college. It's hard to believe that 5 1/2 years of college are over and I am now a graduate with 2 bachelors degrees - one in Bible and one in Education. Graduation was a great day! It was a nice simple ceremony and I had 7 people there cheering me on (aside from friends and people who work at the school). After graduation we went out to dinner at the Olive Garden and then went to my in-law's house for dessert and hanging out. My mom, dad, sister, nephew, husband, mother-in-law, and father-in-law were all there for me on graduation day. Others would have been there but were unable to be. It was definitely a blessing!

Second, I am officially on the job hunt now. I had an interview for a long term subbing position which I didn't get. But now I am looking for other positions. I haven't found anything yet, but I know that in God's time I will find the perfect job.

Third, Christmas has obviously come and gone. It was definitely a great Christmas. We went to my in-laws' house on Christmas eve and spent time with them, as well as my brother-in-law and sister-in-law. We exchanged gifts there, had dinner, and watched a movie. It was a lot of fun. On Christmas morning Josh and I opened our gifts at home together. It was a blessing to spend our second Christmas together. On Christmas afternoon we headed up to my parents' house for the rest of the weekend. My sister and her fiance hosted our whole family at their house for a great dinner. Then we opened gifts and visited with family. It was a great Christmas all around!

Of course the New Year has also come. It's hard to believe that it's 2010 already! Time sure does fly! I'm eager to see what God has in store for us this New Year. There are alot of things on our hearts and minds and alot of decisions to make, but it's exciting to see where God is going to take us and to see what He is going to do in and through us!

I guess that's about it for today. Hopefully I'll be better at blogging now that I have more time!

- Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment