Monday, January 18, 2010

On This Day In 2007...

On this day in 2007, I didn't know that my life would never be the same again. Let me take you to where I was on this day in 2007....

It was January 18th. I was just starting the second semester of my junior year in college. I was single. I was semi-content with where I was (or so I thought). I was roommates with my best friend, Emily. I had several close friends at school. I was happy for the most part.

Then my friend Eddie told my roommate and I about this new guy. This new guy, this Marine, was gonna be his roommate. New guy came around. He joined several of us at school to play games that night. We played Dutch Blitz and Apples to Apples. I sat across the table from him. We all thought he was a "bad boy". I thought he had the most gorgeous blue eyes and a great personality. He also had an amazing smile. I thought there was more to "new guy" than just a "bad boy". I wanted to be friends with him and get to know him better. It was January 18, 2007. This new guy had caught my attention...


... and we all know where it went from there. This new guy's name was Josh. From the time he initally caught my attention I was intrigued by him. We quickly became friends and started to get to know each other better. Before we knew it we were falling for each other. Then we were dating. Then we were in love. Then we were talking about spending forever together. Then we were engaged. And finally we were happily married - and still are today.


It's funny how God brings people into your life at the most unexpected times and in the most unexpected ways. He brought Josh and I together at the perfect time, the time that He had planned all along. It's hard to believe that it's been three years since we first met! In one way it seems like just yesterday, but at the same time it feels like we've known each other forever. I'm so thankful for every moment that He's given to us together and I look forward to many more together in the future. I'm so thankful for the "new guy", the "bad boy", the blue eyed prince who I met three years ago today! I'm thankful for all he is to me and for God's provision of the perfect husband for me!

- Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment